Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Perils of Pregnancy

Not much time left.....The doctor is going to induce me a week early just because of my age.  I really hope Baby Anderson just decides to arrive early all by himself.  Being induced does not sound pleasant.  Everything is going great with the baby....good growth, fabulous heartbeat!  As I was looking back at this pregnancy (and if you've ever seen the movie What to Expect When Expecting, I'm the Elizabeth Banks character in that I don't love being pregnant..I don't feel all glowy) This pregnancy has brought symptoms that I never had with the others...thus, these perils: 1) I can't sleep-never had this problem with the others. I have to take dr. approved Unisom every night if I want some shut-eye.  Also, my nasal passages have been swollen this entire time, so I have to wear a Breathe-Right strip to bed (probably what was waking me up)  then there is 2) I have definite cankles...even my legs get swollen...ugh!  3) Finally, and thank goodness this just started happening, because not sure if I can take it very much longer...did you know that you can get carpal tunnel when preganant?  My fingers tingle and feel asleep all day long.  I guess the fluid in your wrist can build up while pregnant.  It should go away when I give birth...yay!  On a positive note, I haven't gotten any excruciating leg cramps during the night like I got with all the others :)  I've got to treasure the good with the bad because this will be the last one(it had better be!!!!)  So in about 16 days we will add another boy to this brood.

Here is a picture of me at almost 37 weeks


3 comments:

  1. You look too young to have a baby. Beautful! Best wishes. Love Marcia B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, You look fantastic!!! Cannot believe this is your fourth child! Seems like only yesterday you had Murphy!!! Time flies! Best wishes, Joyce Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look marvelous my dear... your soon to be newborn is luckey to have such a pretty mom.
    Love,Dad&Debbie

    ReplyDelete